Senior Tax Accountant
Department: Tax • Status: Full Time • Location: Buffalo, NY
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant in our Tax Department. As a Senior Accountant for our firm, you will have the opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of a client’s business, thus allowing you and your team members to deliver timely, high-quality service to the client that meets or exceeds their expectations. In addition, Senior Accountants are encouraged and rewarded for recognizing opportunities to increase the level and type of services our clients would find beneficial.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or economics, or have met the minimum education requirements to obtain a New York State CPA license
- CPA certification or demonstrated progress toward obtaining CPA certification
- Minimum 2 years of public accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains exceptional customer service skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recognize opportunities to provide new and innovative service to clients
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Additional professional designations, such as CFE, CVA, etc. are a plus
- Minimum 3 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Ability to prepare and/or review complex business and individual tax returns.
- Ability to identify and research tax issues, develop resolutions, and prepare written conclusions.
- Experience with developing, training and mentoring of staff and interns.
- Experience with tax research software
- Experience with UltraTax CS is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn bonus based on production and new business generation
- 401k with guaranteed employer contribution
- Discretionary profit sharing
- Firm paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Health insurance with employer contribution (10+ plans to choose from with HSA compatible options)
- Voluntary dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation time
- Flexible work schedule
- Accessibility to work remotely
- License and association memberships dues paid
- CPE provided
Dansa D’Arata Soucia LLP is an equal opportunity employer and, in accordance with all applicable laws, prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age disability, marital status, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military status, predisposing or genetic information, or any other category protected by law.
You can also email your resume directly to email@example.com.