Michael J. Dansa, CPA
Mike specializes in providing accounting, tax and consulting services to closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals across the continental United States and Canada. His clients include businesses in the following industries: manufacturing, healthcare, real estate, not-for-profit, hospitality, wholesale and retail, and various service industries. Mike has over 25 years of expertise in providing high level tax and general business advice to his clients and manages all tax services provided by Dansa & D’Arata LLP.
- Structured a complex service transaction to obtain capital gains treatment and successfully argued the position upon audit by the IRS resulting in over $8 million of tax savings to client.
- Structured the acquisition of qualified replacement property to defer over $20 million in gains resulting from a condemnation of real estate.
- Performed cross border tax planning for U.S. and Canadian entities and individuals, including the development of transfer pricing models for international related party transactions, entity selection, and estate planning for nonresident aliens.
- Negotiated the sale of a client’s business, resulting in a change in structure which netted its owners in excess of $1 million more in after tax dollars.
- Assisted with the merger of two significant medical groups (approximately $40 million in revenue) to form a new partnership, and assisted with the development of the terms of the partnership agreement.
- Assisted an individual client with an Offer in Compromise before the IRS which resulted in over $200,000 in tax and penalty reductions for the taxpayer.
- Performed tax planning and consulting services related to various business mergers, acquisitions and sales, including the structuring of such transactions and assisting with purchase and sale negotiations.
- Outstanding performance in representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service (domestic and international).
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Division
- The New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Mike is also a member of various advisory boards for selected clientele.
Mike holds a B.B.A. degree in Accounting from Niagara University.